Monday 18 March 2013

Photoblog: It's Always Darkest (and coldest!) Before the Dawn



For the last two weeks, I have been watching two majestic magpies diligently and patiently crafting a nest in the tree outside my window, one painstaking twig at a time. It is the small things like this, in the damp, grey depths of winter, that remind me that spring is around the corner, and that sunshine will reign again. The magpies inspired me to take advantage of a recent sunny day, and reconnect with the nature right around me, to remember why we’re on this planet, and what it’s all really about. 


Take a minute and find that patch of green earth or the crocus blooming against all odds, breathe deeply and be still for a moment, just enjoying the beauty that comes in the bleakness before spring - you might be suprised at what you discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment