Monday 26 May 2014

Green Inspiration #7


Besides dips, smoothies are one of my favourite things to eat.

This recipe comes from a detox in Whole Living Magazine that I did last year. I liked it so much that I've continued to eat it throughout the year. I especially like it in the winter or on rainy days as the fresh, sweet flavours remind me that summer will indeed, come again; last week's sunshine here in London makes me hopeful that it will be sooner rather than later. But in the meantime, this smoothie will suffice ...


Summer Smoothie:

1 cup apple juice, pear juice or water
1/2 honeydew melon, chopped
1/2 cucumer, peeled and chopped
handful of mint leaves
one lime peeled, or juice of one lime

Serves 2

Place all ingredients in blender until smooth - add a couple of ice cubes at the end to keep it cool.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment